Quick Guide to Understanding Exchange vs. Direct Enrollment Programs
Exchange Programs: Pros
- If you are looking for an immersion program, especially in non-English speaking countries, this is the best option.
- Charged Truman tuition fees
Exchange Programs: Cons
- Very competitive.
- Must apply early.
- For some programs the language of instruction is the language of the host country, therefore your level in the foreign language must be above third-year college level in that language.
Direct Enrollment Programs: Pros
- With a few exceptions, direct enrollment programs can accommodate all qualified students applying to a given program.
- Most programs in non-English speaking countries are accessible to the students regardless of their level in the language of the country.
Direct Enrollment Programs: Cons
- All students on these programs – with a few exceptions – are U.S. or international students.
- Cost is based on the cost at the host institution which is, in most cases, more expensive than at Truman.
Center for International Education Abroad
Truman State University
100 East Normal Avenue
Kirksville, MO 63501