Truman State University offers Pershing Scholars the opportunity to participate in one study-abroad program during their attendance at the University. This is an excellent chance to learn about life in another country while earning credit toward a degree. Truman State University will cover up to $4,000 toward the cost of the trip. The $4,000 can include tuition, room, board, books, airfare and other travel expenses incurred in getting to the University.
To receive the Pershing Scholarship Cultural Experience Stipend, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Be selected as a recipient of the Pershing Scholarship
- Be currently eligible for the Pershing Scholarship
- Be enrolled at Truman State University on an approved Truman study abroad program for credit
If the student meets the above criteria, then they must submit a completed Pershing Stipend Cultural Experience Application to the Center for International Education Abroad. This application includes the following required documentation:
- Academic Advisor’s confirmation by signature that this cultural trip will result in credits toward a degree at Truman
- The term the program runs during (Fall, Spring, May*, Summer)
*The stipend can be used during May interim on a case-by-case basis. Please note that the stipend is not eligible for use during the winter interim.
If the covered costs of the study abroad experience exceed the $4,000 allocated and a student needs additional financial assistance, federal student loan or Truman State University cultural loan options can be discussed with the Financial Aid Office.
Center for International Education Abroad
Truman State University
100 East Normal Avenue
Kirksville, MO 63501