Step 1: Research your Options
- Browse our programs. You can take classes with familiar Truman faculty through our Faculty-Led Programs, swap places with an international student through Exchange Programs, enroll directly in a foreign university or program through our Direct Enrollment Programs, or find a way to work or teach abroad with our Internships and Teaching Opportunities Abroad.
- Attend our Study Abroad Fair to meet study abroad advisors and representatives of our many programs.
- Think about whether you want to go during an interim, summer, semester, or full academic year.
- Start to think about what factors are most important to you: location? cost? classes? language?
Step 2: Make an Appointment with a Study Abroad Advisor
- Listen to what’s important to you and help you hone in on the best program for you
- Give you an overview of what to expect in the process of studying abroad at Truman
- Collect some basic information from you to help us process your request to study abroad
Step 3: Check Your Plans with Your Advisor and Financial Aid
Help yourself feel secure in your decision to go abroad by consulting with others who can guide you to make a wise choice. Discuss your plans with trusted family and friends, but also consult some important people here at Truman. We especially encourage you to:
- Go over your plans with someone in the Financial Aid Office. Call (660) 785-4130, email email@example.com or drop by McClain Hall 103. Financial Aid can help you better understand how your scholarships and aid will apply to your specific program and let you know about other avenues for funding.
- Discuss your plans with your academic advisor or major advisor. They can help you better understand the best time to study abroad and the processes for making sure credits count towards requirements for your degree or major.
Step 4: Apply
Ready to go?
- Get back in touch with your Study Abroad Advisor and we will give you the specific steps you’ll need to take to begin applying to the program of your choice.
Center for International Education Abroad
Truman State University
100 East Normal Avenue
Kirksville, MO 63501