Please Note: Program not available for the summer and fall 2022 terms.
University of New York in Prague (UNYP) is a private, state recognized, accredited institution offering the best in English language higher education. It is located in the central district of Prague, close to the metro, and the tram stops just three minutes from the school. Over 900 students from 60 countries attend.Visit UNYP Website
As one of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe, Prague offers a rich cultural, historical, and architectural experience. From the famous Charles Bridge to Old Town to Mala Strana, every corner turned offers sites to savor! The city is very student friendly, and it offers many enjoyable pedestrian paths. For destinations too far to walk, the city offers a good and inexpensive tram system.
COURSES, CREDITS, and GRADES
Students are able to choose from a wide range of courses at UNYP . A study abroad student must enroll in a minimum of 12 credits (4 courses). Most students enroll in a full time load of 15 credits (5 courses). Students must complete a Course Substitution Form in order for courses to transfer back as LSP, major, or minor credits at Truman.
AREAS OF STUDY
- Business Administration
- Communication and Mass Media
- International Economic Relations
- International and Commercial Law
- General Studies
UNYP is within a 10 minute walk to the main square of Prague. A Prague transportation pass is included in the program fee and there are several metro stops near campus. UNYP offers a variety of activities and services to students. Students have the option to join several student clubs or participate in intramural sports. UNYP students are represented by a Student Council which organizes events and parties on campus throughout the semester.
The UNYP study abroad program includes accommodation at one of the three following Student residences. All these residences are in a close proximity of UNYP. The rooms are well equipped and have a free Wi-Fi. They also provide students with great additional facilities.
Belgicka Apartments is located only 100 meters from UNYP’s main campus. It offers double rooms in renovated student apartments. Each apartment has its own bathroom and kitchen.
Student House Botic:
Student House Botic is located only 8 minutes away from UNYP by tram. It offers double rooms with a bathroom. There is a kitchen on every floor, but each room has its own fridge and kettle.
Prague Residentia is only a 3 minute walk. Students are accommodated in double rooms and they share a bathroom with another double room. Kitchen is located in a common area; however, every room has a fridge at their disposal.UNYP Housing
ESTIMATED TRUMAN BILL: $10,352
Study Abroad Administration Fee: $600
Study Abroad Program Fee: $9,600.00
Includes: Tuition for 12-15 credits, Housing fees, Czech health insurance, Prague transportation pass, Airport pickup, Orientation fees, and Student benefits program
Study Abroad Insurance Fee: $152
Calculated at $38.00 per month x 1 month
ESTIMATED OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS: $4,095
International Airfare: $1,500
Passport & Visa Costs: $145
Books & Academic Supplies: $200.00
Personal Expenses: $1,250.00
PROGRAM DATES & DEADLINES
Term: Spring 2020 Application Deadline: October 15, 2019
Program Dates: January 27, 2020 – May 15, 2020
Term: Fall 2020 Application Deadline: February 15, 2020
Program Dates: September 2020 – December 2020
Students must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher, be in good standing with the university, and have at least completed one semester of college.
HOW TO APPLY
- Apply through TruView. Under your Student Tab, click on “Apply to Study Abroad.” When prompted, select which term and “I am enrolling in a semester or summer program…” and on the next screen, select “University of New York Prague” from the program drop down. After that, you’ll be prompted to complete a faculty recommendation, a statement of purpose, and some emergency information and waivers.
- Submit Additional Materials and Check Your Status on TruView. Once you have submitted your application, you can go to TruView to view your application status. Immediately after submission, your application status will be “Submitted, Awaiting Review.” After your application has been reviewed by the study abroad office, you will receive an email from the Study Abroad office with your next steps. Your status will be updated to “Reviewed, Awaiting Materials” and a list of additional required materials will appear in TruView. Use this list to track what steps you need to complete.