Study Abroad Ambassadors
The Study Abroad Ambassador Program was created during the Fall of 2012 as part of an increased effort to promote international education abroad from a student perspective and foster friendships with exchange students. The Study Abroad Ambassadors also work to give study abroad returnees the opportunity to share their experiences with their peers after having studied, lived, and traveled abroad. They run the Study Abroad Club and plan activities around campus to help get students excited about traveling abroad and provide information and advice to students who are looking to study abroad in the future.
- Act as representatives of the Truman Study Abroad Office
- Organize outreach efforts and promotional events
- Give presentations to classes, teams, clubs, and organizations
- Assist the Truman Study Abroad Office with events and activities throughout the semester including study abroad fairs, presentations, tabling events, and pre-departure orientations
- Help welcome exchange students from other countries to Truman
- Attend meetings for event planning
- Valuable skills gained in leadership, public speaking, organizing events, and articulating the benefits of international experience
- A stipend for 32 hours of semester work
- A certificate of completion for promoting International Education
How do I apply to become a Study Abroad Ambassador?
The application and selection process occurs in early May and early December. Any student who has studied abroad on a Truman-approved program, is in good academic standing with the University, and has a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0, is eligible to apply. If you are interested in applying to becoming an Ambassador, or if you would like to request an Ambassador to speak to your class, dorm floor, or student organization, please email email@example.com!
To learn more about our ambassadors Click Here!
Join the Study Abroad Facebook group by liking us on Facebook. Check here for information on upcoming events, study abroad program deadlines, and study abroad scholarship opportunities!