These scholarship opportunities are available to help finance your study abroad experience!
Visit links individually to see scholarship deadlines and more application information
Click above to view over 250 scholarship opportunities from the listed institutions.
The AllTheRooms company is now offering a $1,000 scholarship to students enrolled in or have interest in participating in Truman State University’s study abroad program. The scholarship will be awarded by to the winning essay submission.
The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program offers grants for U.S. citizen undergraduate students of limited financial means to pursue academic studies or credit-bearing, career-oriented internships abroad. Such international exchange is intended to better prepare U.S. students to assume significant roles in an increasingly global economy and interdependent world.
Pell Grant recipients are eligible for :
Study Abroad Awards
$3000 for Summer
$5000 for Semester
Up to $8000 for students studying a critical-need language.
Award recipients are chosen by a competitive selection process and must use the award to defray eligible study or intern abroad costs. These costs include program tuition, room and board, books, local transportation, insurance and international airfare.
For more information, please click here .
Recipients receive a stipend for $2,500 for semester long programs and $4,000 for year long programs. In addition, Morgan Stanley Japan will offer two $7,500 scholarships to students studying economics and finance.
- Academic Excellence Scholarships: For students who excel in academic pursuits and are devoted to specialized areas of study.
- Access Grants and Scholarships: For students who have historically been unable to study abroad because of financial circumstances.
- Ambassador Grant: For students who are committed to capturing and sharing the many transformative benefits of international education after they return to campus.
CCIS Members Scholarships
- CCIS Scholarship (SUMMER)
- Centro Linguistico Conversa (SUMMER)
- The FIE Scholarship in London (SUMMER)
- The Massey Scholarship in New Zealand (SUMMER & FALL)
- The University of Canterbury Scholarship in New Zealand (FALL)
- The University of Limerick Scholarship in Ireland (FALL)
This is a scholarship offered to students studying in Salzburg College in Austria. It is a $2,000 scholarship available for every fall and every spring semester.
Experience Germany on the Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals
Eligible students should submit a 1,000 word essay to email@example.com describing why travel is important to him or her.
Foundation for International Education and Massey University Scholarships
Massey University is sponsoring three CCIS scholarships in the amount of $500 each for the Spring 2017 semester. Massey University has three campuses across New Zealand in Palmerston North, Auckland, and Wellington. Learn more and access the application here.
Starting in the spring of 2017, the Foundation for International Education is offering $3,000 scholarships for semester programs and $1,000 for summer programs. Students participating in FIE’s London program are eligible to apply. Learn more and access the application here.
Offers scholarships for U.S. undergraduate students with demonstrated financial need to study abroad in East or Southeast Asia.
The University of Roehampton offers a Fulbright Scholar Award which is currently open for applications from US citizens.
The Fund for Education Abroad is proud to offer dedicated scholarships to students who, in addition to meeting general eligibility requirements, also meet select demographic, regional, or semester criteria.
FundMyTravel offers a great opportunity for students to crowdfund their meaningful study abroad experiences.
As part of their commitment to the Generation Study Abroad Initiative, the University of Limerick is granting 100 scholarships per year until 2020.
Offers $15,000 Scholarship to study in Ireland. Plus additional stipends included ranging from $4000-$8500. Available for undergrad semester or full year master’s degree.
Go Overseas and Education have announced another scholarship for students with the passion to study abroad in New Zealand.
- ISEP Community Scholarship
- ISEP Founders Fellowship
- Kansai Gaidai University Merit Scholarship: For students attending Kansai Gaidai University for a semester or full year program on ISEP Direct.
- Massey University Scholarship: Massey University in New Zealand for a semester or full year program on ISEP Direct.
- Explore New Zealand Scholarship: For students attending Massey University for the National Expedition and Internship summer program on ISEP Direct.
- Annette Kade Scholarship: For student at one of our U.S. member institutions and are planning to study in French or German at a member institution in Austria, France, French Antilles, Germany, Reunion Island or Switzerland.
Boren Scholarships provide up to $20,000 to U.S. undergraduate students to study abroad in areas of the world that are critical to U.S. interests and underrepresented in study abroad.
Pi Delta Phi: The French Honor Society
- Joseph W. Yedlicka Awards: This is a scholarship for students who wish to study the French language or Francophone literatures and cultures.
- The Mary E. Gutermuth Award: Full tuition summer-session scholarship–five weeks including housing, board and activities fee–to the University of Quebec at Chicoutimi.
Fifty $1,000 Study Abroad Grants are available.
Offering scholarships to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Rotary District Grant Study Abroad Scholarships
District Study Abroad Scholarships are awarded to fund one to two semesters of undergraduate or graduate study abroad. Applicants must have completed at least one year of undergraduate study prior to grant-funded study. Study must be in one of the six areas of focus. This $2,500 scholarship is for undergraduate students enrolled in overseas academic programs.
- March 1 of each Rotary year – applications are due from applicants to D6040 Rotary Clubs for their review and interview of the applicants.
- April 1 of each Rotary year – applications are due from D6040 Rotary Clubs to D6040 Scholarship Sub-Committee Chairperson, Sherri Hahn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about this scholarship program, please click here.
Scholarships and stipends offered by Sigma Delta Pi: Collegiate Hispanic National Honor Society. Scholarships and stipends to a number of locations in Spanish-speaking countries are available to current members of the Truman State chapter of Sigma Delta Pi.
STA Travel awards $2,500 scholarships for students to study abroad. In addition, the students’ home university or college will receive a matching $2,500 to give to another student in order to help fund a study abroad experience.
A $900 travel grant for study in France offered to students who are double majoring in French and another discipline.
The Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) Program is a fully funded summer overseas language and cultural immersion program for American undergraduate and graduate students. With the goal of broadening the base of Americans studying and mastering critical languages and building relationships between the people of the United States and other countries, CLS provides opportunities to a diverse range of students from across the United States at every level of language learning. Click here for eligibility criteria.
The French Embassy Benjamin Franklin – Generation Study Abroad Scholarship
As of May 2016, the Benjamin Franklin Travel Grant becomes “The French Embassy Benjamin Franklin – Generation Study Abroad Scholarship” and is integrated as a component of the Institute of International Education’s Generation Study Abroad Campaign. IIE’s Generation Study Abroad aims to facilitate the participation of more U.S. students in an academic, internship, or service-learning experience abroad.
After working closely with the French Embassy on the Transtlantic Friendship and Mobility Initiative over the last two years, IIE will now administer and manage the french Embassy Benjamin Franklin Scholarship Program. Information on eligibility and how universities can apply for incentive grants from the French Embassy can be found at www.generationstudyabroad.org.
For more information, please click here.
This scholarship can be applied to semester or year long programs in Germany.
Truman State University Foundation Scholarships – For degree-seeking Truman students only.
To apply, students should log in to TruView, go to the Student Tab, then Student Finances, and click on Foundation Scholarship Applications. Applications for Study Abroad Scholarships are available from November to mid-January. Recipients are notified in February.
University of Limerick Scholarship
Ten new scholarships worth €500 each will be awarded as a tuition fee discount to students on the Undergraduate Study Abroad Program at the University of Limerick in Spring 2017 and Fall 2017.
Please contact email@example.com for more Information.
Universidad Veritas FundMyTravel
Universidad Veritas and FundMyTravel have teamed up to provide students with the desire to travel, but is discouraged by a financial roadblock an online platform where they can fundraise for their own meaningful travel experience. Click here to learn more.
This is a scholarship specifically for students who desire to pursue a career as a French teacher. It is a $2,000 scholarship applicable for semester or year long programs.
Click here to access information about more Study Abroad scholarships .
The following sites provide information on additional scholarships for study abroad: